Do you find yourself wondering “Should I get this spot looked at?”
- Is the spot enlarging?
- Is the spot easily irritated?
If you answered yes to either of those questions, you should see your dermatologist. Always report new and changing spots that are persistent, easily irritated or enlarging.
Remember the ABCDE rules:
A – Asymmetrical
B – Border irregular
C – Color variable
D – Diameter enlarging
E – Evolving
Facts about skin cancer:
- There will be over three million new cases of skin cancer in the U.S. this year.
- Skin cancer is preventable, and can be recognized easily.
- Melanoma is the #1 cancer in young, caucasian, American women today.
- One American dies every hour from skin cancer.
- Melanoma is the leading cause of death from skin cancer.
If you have any concerns about your skin, call our office today at 972-649-6644 to make an appointment. We would be happy to see you!
Information retrieved from:
National Council on Skin Cancer Prevention at www.skincancerprevention.org